On 9 December 2016, Sunwah Group and Jiangnan University signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement at Sunwah Kingsway Hong Kong headquarters.
Sunwah Group East China Region General Manager Mr. Sun Dong-ren, and Jiangnan University National Science Park General Manager Mr. Yin Bao-liang signed the Agreement. Both parties agreed to carry on the principle of “innovation, vitality, co-action and inclusive” to consolidate advantages and resources for the development of the “Sunwah Jiangnan University Health Food Incubation Centre”. It aims to achieve six co-operation areas:
(1) To establish a professional innovation space as a business model for enterprises.
(2) To promote the success of health food research and development into an industrial practice.
(3) To provide a base for development of creative professionals.
(4) To submit technological plans on national and provincial levels.
(5) To participate in higher education development
(6) To establish investment funds for the promotion of health food business.
Located in the City of Wuxi of Jiangsu province, Jiangnan University is directly under the Ministry of Education, and is named as “the Pearl of Light Industry in High Education”. Jiangnan University is key high education institute for the National “211 Project”. It is the only national laboratory for food research and engineering.